Celebrating Dave Andreychuk induction into the Hockey Hall Of Fame he will be at the game to heat up the ice! He is one of the finest left wingers to have played in the NHL scoring 640 goals over 23 NHL seasons.
Scotiabank presents the 2018 NHL ALUMNI BENEFIT TOUR! your favorite former NHL legends face off against the Hamilton Celebrity all-stars in support OF Help a child smile
(January 13, 2018 – Hamilton) – The Dave Andreychuk Mountain Arena will play host to Hockey Night in Hamilton on Saturday January 13th, 2018!
Scotiabank proudly presents the 2018 NHL Alumni Benefit Tour featuring NHL legends from Stanley Cup winning teams, classic original 6 hockey teams and local former NHLers representing your hometown all in support of Help a Child Smile! The NHL Alumni Tour has proudly hosted hockey legends such as Walter Gretzky, Wendel Clark, Curtis Joseph, Tiger Williams, Theo Fleury and many more!
The Scotiabank NHL Alumni Benefit Tour gives fans a unique experience and an evening to remember that showcases top shelf hockey skills, on ice pranks and old fashioned hockey nostalgia. This great evening provides something for fans of all ages and gives you an exciting opportunity to see a lighter side of these hockey greats while raising money for a great cause.
The NHL Alumni Benefit Tour supports Help a Child Smile’s mission “to bring joy into the lives of children with cancer and provide opportunities for these children to smile and have fun, even if only for a couple of hours, a day or a week.”
Doors open at 5:00pm, game starts at 6:00pm at the Dave Andreychuk Mountain Arena, 25 Hester Street, Hamilton, ON.
Mike Pelyk- Ref
Mark Laforest -Goalie
• During his NHL career he played for Detroit, Philadelphia, Ottawa and the Toronto Maple Leafs
• He also carried the Olympic Torch for the 2010 Winter Olympics
• His career achievements are plentiful: 2017 Hockey hall of Fame, he is a two-time all-star, a two-time 50 goal scorer, he played over 1600 NHL games, he’s the 4th highest scoring left winger in NHL history with 640 goals and 1338 points and he captained the Tampa Bay Lightning to a Stanley Cup in 2004
He would go on to play close to 1000 NHL games with the Leafs, the Canucks and the Kings where he became, and still is, the NHL’s all time leader in penalty minutes
During his 10 seasons in the NHL he played for Chicago, Pittsburgh and the New York Rangers while racking up over 700 penalty minutes
During his career he won a Turner Cup in the IHL with the Atlanta Knights and an Allan Cup with the Brantford Blast
• He would go on to play 800 games in the NHL where he became a two time All Star and the winner of the hardest shot competition.
• He is a two time 40-goal scorer and was a solid contributor during Stanley Cup with the Edmonton Oilers and Montreal Canadiens