The 2018 NHL ALUMNI BENEFIT TOUR Presented by Scotiabank! celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Law Enforcement torch run your favorite former NHL legends face off against the Law Enforcement All Stars in support of the Special Olympics Ontario
(January 12th, 2018 – Milton) – The Milton Memorial Arena will play host to Hockey Night in Milton on Friday January 12th, 2018!
Scotiabank proudly presents the 2018 NHL Alumni Benefit Tour featuring NHL legends from Stanley Cup winning teams, classic original 6 hockey teams and local former NHLers representing your hometown all in support of Special Olympics Ontario and the Law Enforcement Torch Run! The NHL Alumni Tour has proudly hosted hockey legends such as Walter Gretzky, Wendel Clark, Curtis Joseph, Tiger Williams, Theo Fleury and many more!
The Scotiabank NHL Alumni Benefit Tour gives fans a unique experience and an evening to remember that showcases top shelf hockey skills, on ice pranks and old fashioned hockey nostalgia. This great evening provides something for fans of all ages and gives you an exciting opportunity to see a lighter side of these hockey greats while raising money for a great cause.
The Scotiabank NHL Alumni Benefit Tour supports the Special Olympics and Law Enforcement Torch Run’s mission “To provide year-round sports training and athletic competition for individuals with intellectual disabilities.” Join us for a special night as we celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Law Enforcement Torch Run Ontario!
Doors open at 6:00PM, game starts at 7:00pm at the Milton Memorial Arena, 77 Thompson Road S, Milton, ON.
Mike Pelyk - Ref
Mark Laforest- Goalie
• During his NHL career he played for Detroit, Philadelphia, Ottawa and the Toronto Maple Leafs
• He also carried the Olympic Torch for the 2010 Winter Olympics
He would go on to play close to 1000 NHL games with the Leafs, the Canucks and the Kings where he became, and still is, the NHL’s all time leader in penalty minutes
• During his 14 seasons in the NHL he registered an incredible 441 goals in 876 games
He is a two time Stanley Cup Champion with the Dallas Stars and alongside Ray Bourque on the Colorado Avalanche
• He would go on to play 800 games in the NHL where he became a two time All Star and the winner of the hardest shot competition.
• He is a two time 40-goal scorer and was a solid contributor during Stanley Cup with the Edmonton Oilers and Montreal Canadiens
During his career he won a Turner Cup in the IHL with the Atlanta Knights and an Allan Cup with the Brantford Blast
• Our next Alumnus was selected in the first round, 10th overall by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft.
• He scored the first goal in Winnipeg Jets franchise history.
• During his NHL career he played in 788 games registering 465 points